Idea: Option to turn on notifications for credit card import to avoid cc fraud

EpicVictoriaEpicVictoria Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Recently our business has experienced some credit card fraudulent charges. Unfortunately for some banks, employees don't always have access to their business credit card statement activities (which I can understand but find very unhelpful).

Since our business is on a monthly submission basis, some employees don't see the fraudulent transactions until it's coding and submission time.

I was wondering if there's a way to create an opt-in notification for new credit card transactions when it's imported from your bank? I suggest opt-in as I'm sure many people may not want that many notifications.

Just an idea.

1 votes

Understanding the Issue · Last Updated

Comments

• Sonia LiapounovaSonia Liapounova Expensify Team Posts: 136 Expensify Team

@EpicVictoria Thanks for the suggestion!

It's definitely an interesting idea. Not trying to toot our own horn 😅but just wanted to mention that we provide instant notifications for Expensify Card transactions - as soon as I swipe my business card I get a notification, I find it super helpful. But we can do this because we are the card issuer so we have access to transaction information as soon as the transaction is made. I'm not sure we would be able to set up a notification for when another bank's card is swiped since we don't see transactions until the third party bank posts them and we're allowed to import them. But maybe we can do something for transactions that are posted. Definitely an interesting idea and if it get's traction, it could become a feature.