Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!

Hello I have a couple questions on Expensify Guaranteed eReceipts

Kate_Acker2020
Kate_Acker2020 Expensify Customer Posts: 4

Hello I had a couple questions on Expensify Guaranteed eReceipts that come up recently on the chat and I wanted to get a second option or see if something can be done to fix this:

1) I was informed that eReceipts will normally generate for LESS THAN $75 because the IRS limitation for tax purposes requires the actual transaction receipts for purchases over $75. However, the Expensify Card purchases provides an eReceipt for transactions over $75. Why is this?  

2) I was also informed that though the automatic eReceipts are generated, we are not able to view the exact line items that were purchased within the transaction (due to the merchant not providing this). This is a bit frustrating because we can't complete the remaining fields (i.e. description, categories and Chart of Accounts within each expense). Because the line items/full description of the receipt doesn't show, can we set up in our company policy that the Expensify Guaranteed eReceipts are restricted, so that user is required to attach the actual receipt (which will show much more detail than eReceipts do)? This might solve the problem.

Thank you for help and consideration!

Kate

Answers