Login UI

filosofunk
filosofunk Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Can you consider reverting to the old login UI from a couple years ago? This current one makes automated log in from password managers more difficult with the password input accessible on a second modal.

Answers

• Stevie LaFortune
    Stevie LaFortune Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 240 Expensify Team

Welcome to the Community @filosofunk No, we aren't going to revert back to an older version but I am interested in the details of what is harder or not as fluid as you would like.

• filosofunk
    filosofunk Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Well, thank you for your expedited obstinance.

External password managers, like KeePass can't auto-fill username and password when they are on separate modals as your current login is. Not everyone uses a browser-based password manager (for various reasons).

It is not as fluid as I like because it breaks the automation. I have to copy/paste each field separately.

No need to reply further. Your dismissive response doesn't encourage me to make further suggestions to this product or community. Way to be inviting to the someone who has taken the time to offer their feedback.

• Stevie LaFortune
    Stevie LaFortune Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 240 Expensify Team

Sorry about that @filosofunk I didn't intend to come off as dismissive but rather wonder how to address the current situation going forward since reverting wouldn't be an option. There are all sorts of other updates that have happened along the way that going back to what it was a few years ago won't work.

This isn't something we are currently exploring but it sounds like this could benefit Expensify's user base, I would really suggest adding this to the Ideas Section of the Community.

Ideas from here are regularly reviewed by the Expensify team and, if there is support for a customer idea, can be added to our roadmap.

Just to give you an idea, in 2019, we took on 6 customer-proposed ideas from the Ideas Section and built them.

Thanks for your engagement here!

ps - remember to upvote your own idea as well.