Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
We’re no longer accepting new participants as our focus is on reimbursing existing claims. While we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep reimbursements moving forward. If you know anyone who can donate to this campaign please encourage them to enable Personal or Corporate Karma on their Expensify account.

We're currently experiencing issues with our American Express and Capital One connections. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Reimburse your receipts with Expensify+Venmo!

Isabela StisserIsabela Stisser Expensify Team Posts: 180 Expensify Team
edited July 6 in Product Updates

Send and request money from friends and family in Expensify and pay out directly via Venmo. With the combined powers of Expensify and Venmo, you have the benefit of a digital paper trail of receipts for your transactions, and a seamless method for moving money!

To collect money using Venmo, you will need to have a validated mobile phone number associated with your Expensify account. The mobile number can be added on the web app under under Settings > Account > Account Details > Secondary Logins. Adding the phone number linked to your Venmo account will automatically enable payments via Venmo on your Expensify account.

Pay via Venmo on Expensify

Payments can be made via Venmo right from the Expensify mobile app.

All pending invoices that need your action will be displayed in the Inbox on the mobile and web app.

Send a Payment Request in Expensify

SmartScan a receipt that you need to request payment for. Add it to a report and change type to invoice so that you can request payments via Venmo.

To change the report type on the mobile app head to Reports, open the report that you would like to edit and click on Edit > Type > Invoice.

Tip: You can locate all invoices by using the filters in the Reports page on the web app.

Feel free to ask questions about our Venmo integration here, or reach out to [email protected]. Happy Expensifying! 

Comments

• ReneeRundleReneeRundle Expensify Customer Posts: 1

How to I request reimbursement from my company for an expense once I’m logged into the site/app?

• Christina DobryzynskiChristina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 155 Expensify Team

Happy to help, @ReneeRundle!

Here's the big picture answer to your question:

Once you submit your report in the web app or mobile app, your approver will get an email notification to review the report for reimbursement.

When a report is submitted it is in a Processing state - you'll notice a little blue Processing label on the report. You'll also notice a yellow banner at the top of the page with a status summary.

When a report is Reimbursed, you'll see a green Reimbursement label and the yellow banner with the details of when you can expect the reimbursement to deposit into your bank account.

If you have any questions about your Processing or Reimbursed report, I recommend reaching out to your approver.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!