Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!
Deep Dive: Processing fees when using Expensify Invoicing
It's important that receiving payment for an Expensify Invoice is as quick and easy as creating and sending an Invoice.
Expensify provides a number of methods for your customer to pay their invoices including:
- Credit card/debit card (a payment option for US and international payers)
- US bank accounts (US payers Only)
As an invoice sender, you will be responsible for the transaction processing fees.
Breakdown of transaction fees,
- ACH Processing Fee - $0.40 + 15% of the invoice (capped at $2.50 per invoice)
- Credit Card payment - Merchant Fees: Level 3 processing rates available +$0.30 per paid invoice
- Weekly payout fee - $0.25 per week
These fees will be deducted from the business bank account connected to your Expensify account.
Adding a Default Mark Up to your invoices
If you want to add a percentage based mark up to cover out-of-pocket fees, we recommend adjusting the Default Mark Up percentage on the invoice settings page in the web app:
- Group Policy: Settings > Policies > Group > [Select Policy] > Invoicing
- Individual policy: Settings > Policies > Individual > [Select Policy] > Invoicing
The default mark up fee will be applied to every submitted invoice. You always have the option to override this default mark up on a specific invoice.