New billing options for your Expensify account!

2»

Comments

• PeterB
    PeterB Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Per David Barrett's email "we aren’t changing how much we charge." So why are you changing how much you charge? In an attempt to fix your "churn" costs, you are forcing your current customers to 1) Pay for people who aren't using the product (please explain why this makes sense and how this isn't a change to how much you charge) OR 2) Pay twice as much as you were paying (please explain how this isn't a change to how much you charge).

Thanks.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @PeterB, welcome. Expensify is still available at the $5 and $9 price points that Team and Corporate policy owners are used to. These prices come with a little extra commitment, but should not increase the monthly costs that customers are seeing to a large degree.

For those who aren't looking to make a commitment, or who don't have activity every month, there is an additional option at a higher price point but it is still optional to choose Flex pricing.

• sidney_dowell1
    sidney_dowell1 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Super disappointing that this was not communicated earlier so that we as customers could plan and budget for it, as so many other comments have indicated. It looks like Expensify needs to be able to more accurately predict its cash flow and this is a method for doing that. That fine, I don't find the options confusing, I do find the lack of notice super disappointing.

• PeterB
    PeterB Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

We are paying for people who are not using the product. Why?

• AWallwork
    AWallwork Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

For non profits it would be nice to have a "micro pay per expense report" option. We have many users who submit one receipt on one expense report a year and we have moved them outside of Expensify as paying $20 for reporting for a $5 or $10 expense reimbursement doesn't make any sense on a tight non profit budget.

• ChrisM1
    ChrisM1 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

We just started with expensify and haven't rolled out to everyone yet. So we have absolutely no idea how many users we need. The active users were very attractive to us but that appears to have vanished.

Absolutely disgusted by the change of model and the lack of notice. Just a guess but I think you will start to see customers flocking away and a sharp decrease in new customers.

• Sherry_S2018
    Sherry_S2018 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

how can I pull a report to show number of users per month for the last 12 months?

• Daveweez
    Daveweez Expensify Customer Posts: 146 Expensify Aficionado

On the Account Settings>Billing page, just scroll down. It is there. Billing History.

• WTGExpenses
    WTGExpenses Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I have to agree with some of the other posts regarding the lack of notice and the confusion related to the new billing structure. We have employees that don't submit expense reports every month so now we are being forced to pay for users that aren't using the product. I love your product but Expensify's support and billing structure is extremely disappointing.

• AWallwork
    AWallwork Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

I should likely add on the pricing point, for non profits one of your primary competitors offers free accounts for up to 10 seats and considerable discounts on top. I really like the Expensify workflow / integration but every dollar does add up...

Can you please consider something for us non profits who are using the donated NetSuite (requiring the corporate plan) + Expensify stack for team management as it's a killer solution, but one small non profits need to be able to easily afford.

• And
    And Expensify Customer Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer

I just want to say that I know what the goal of the non-commitment pricing is, but you should allow customers who are making a minimum commitment some flexibility in the number of active users per month. We have anywhere from 25-51 users per month. I was a past customer of ExpensAble and they allowed you to set an annual commitment for X number of active users at around $9 per month and any additional would only be charged a $2 premium (NOT DOUBLE!) It gave you the chance to create a floor and slowly increase it as your regular monthly submissions rose, but you don't have to waste money on months that people aren't submitting a lot of reports.

Our current submissions range anywhere from 25 to 51 users over the last 15 months. I modeled the pricing for a fixed $9 per month with annual commitment and the $18 overage per month additional active users. I can minimize my over payment at 34 committed users, but I'm still spending $846 more over that time frame with the new pricing, than if you just kept things simple. If I committed to say 40 users over that period I would have spent $1,152 more with the new structure. It's disappointing to say the least, and will probably cause me to look at other solutions on principle alone.

• Andrejus
    Andrejus Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I was planning to bring all my clients to Expensify but with the new pricing model, I will be looking for a different solution. The pricing structure is confusing and the customer support sucks. The whole point of Saas platforms is to have a clear subscription price month-to-month. And if you are charging extra, at least make sure that customer support is adequate.