Selecting Date Ranges on Reports

Ben_Youngblood_10_4Ben_Youngblood_10_4 Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I like to keep a running total on expenses for properties, gifts to children and grandchildren, etc..

Expensify does allow you to keep a running total of expenses and reports through the years. However you can't select a date range to print out each year at tax time. Therefore I create reports starting with the title 2020 or whatever year it is. Then I've been closing those reports out at the end of each year. I'd much rather have a running total on all my reports through many years. And be able to select a date range for that report. Otherwise I need to print out multiple years of reports total all the different categories and order tags dollar amounts and then add them to a spreadsheet to find out how much I spent for all the years.

My request/question is would you be able to allow reports to be printed within a date range?

0 votes

Understanding the Issue · Last Updated

Comments

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 772 Expensify Team

Hi @Ben_Youngblood_10_4 Welcome to the Expensify Community!

As a general rule, you would do this from the Expenses page and export to a CSV file. Keeping electronic records, as opposed to paper.

Because receipt images are uploaded in full-size to Expensify, even if you left your expenses Unreported all year and created one giant expense report PDF at the end, you would end up with a file too unweildy to handle, it would be gigabytes in size.

By exporting to a CSV you can filter by category etc, and if you save as an Excel file or Google Sheet, you could have one tab per year. If you need a receipt image, you can click (the URL in the sheet) to view onscreen or download, but as a general rule, these would only be needed to check data or for an audit.