Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
We’re no longer accepting new participants as our focus is on reimbursing existing claims. While we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep reimbursements moving forward. If you know anyone who can donate to this campaign please encourage them to enable Personal or Corporate Karma on their Expensify account.

Live links to receipts on pdfs

sbradtsbradt Expensify Customer Posts: 3

Since the company I work for now does not use expensify, it would be really nice to be able to get a pdf that has links to my receipts below the pictures since the pictures on the pdfs are practically unreadable due to their low resolution. This would save me having to lay out and export a custom excel sheet with the links to submit with the pdf and it would be much easier for my controller to be able to look at a lo-res receipt and have the receipt link right below it to click on if they need more detail, not on a separate spreadsheet. This would basically give me a single report with everything that's needed for approval. I can't imagine many reviewers are going to accept unreadable lo-res receipt copies, which makes the pdf report option kind of useless, except that it does a nicer job of laying out and totaling the subcategories than the Excel sheet does

0 votes

Understanding the Issue · Last Updated

Comments

• Christina DobryzynskiChristina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 173 Expensify Team

Thank you for sharing your Idea in the Expensify Community,  @sbradt !

Just making sure I understand what you'd like to see improved.

We've created several default export formats that include a URL for each expense receipt. You can also create a custom export format (as you've done).

As long as Public Receipt Visibility is enabled at Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Expenses, you can email the exported data to anyone and they can click on the URL to view a high-resolution receipt image (along with the option to download the receipt).

Based on this, can you give me a little more information about how you are sending the receipt images to your company?

Side note: Please make sure not to send any private account information since this is a public forum.

I look forward to hearing from you!

• sbradtsbradt Expensify Customer Posts: 3

With the custom report I set up, I still have to do quite a bit of modification to it to come anywhere close to the formatting that comes in the pdf - Sort by category, add subtotals, format mods for ease of readability etc. What would really be ideal would be if I could CC someone in my company when I submit my report(as I used to when my coworker had expensify) and have them able to see the report online as I can see it, with the ability to zoom in on receipts to see details. Since that is not an option if that person is not an expensify member (which would make all this much easier) I would like to be able to generate the current lo-res pdf version of the report and have a link included below each receipt picture that enables them to view the receipt in detail. One more thing I should add is that the "generate pdf" function has never worked for me. It just spins away for a while and then generates an error. To get my pdf, I have to print as pdf.

• sbradtsbradt Expensify Customer Posts: 3

Further update, I just tried the "generate pdf" function and it worked this time, but this is not usually the case for me, and it is still not a high enough resolution to the receipts to make them readable. I would assume that making them so would require an extremely large file.

• April BekkalaApril Bekkala Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 70 Expensify Team

There are several factors that go into generating a PDF. If the report is quite large and/or you have full-page images selected then the PDF may not generate. But, the work around (which you've already done) is to create the PDF from the print preview option.

If your reports are generating a PDF with low quality images I'd like to be able to troubleshoot that directly. The best place do to that is by reaching out to Concierge via the in-app messenger or sending an email to [email protected]

This will allow us to discuss your account outside of the public forum!

Thanks!

• Christina DobryzynskiChristina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 173 Expensify Team

Hi @sbradt! I saw that you reached out to [email protected] to get more details on troubleshooting the low-quality images. Were you able to find a method to view the receipt images in high quality?

Do you think there is still something we could improve related to your Idea?