Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!

How do I print a pdf report with full-size images of the receipts?

hr_sbac
hr_sbac Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Hello-

I used to have the option of printing full size receipt images when printing a pdf of the report, now they are only thumbnails. Is there a way to print a report with full size receipt images?

Thanks

Answers

• Victoria O'leary
    Victoria O'leary Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 105 Expensify Team

Hi @hr_sbac

Welcome to the community!

It's not recommended practice to export full sized PDFs every time because Expensify was built to reduce the need to track copies of receipts. If this is for auditing purposes, I recommend setting up someone with the Auditor role so they can get view-access to all receipts.

If this set-up doesn't work for you, I'd be intrigued to understand more about your use-case for needing full size receipt images in your PDFs.

Thanks!

• hr_sbac
    hr_sbac Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Hi Victoria-

Thanks for the response; I will see about setting someone us as auditor. I don't need to do it regularly, but I need the option to be there in the event of an audit or in the case I have currently which is simply sharing the report with another department.

Thanks,

Hannah

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 865 Expensify Team

In that case @hr_sbac (thinking out loud here) - you could just export the transactions the other department needs to look at, to a CSV and email it to them. And they can click through to the receipt images.

• kziaei
    kziaei Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

I agree with @hr_sbac; I am having this problem now as well. Most companies will go through financial audits and it is usually preferred to give an auditor only the reports they've selected rather than have auditor access to everything in the system. A data extract to excel or CSV is more easily manipulated, so a PDF download is preferred to see the data, receipts, and audit history.

• enimsaj
    enimsaj Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I need to submit reports to the company we are billing with full receipts of the transactions (e.g. Hotel receipts, restaurant receipt with CC receipt, etc...)

• Christina Dobryzynski
    Christina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 249 Expensify Team

Hi @enimsaj! Do you think the CSV export option and allowing access to the receipt should work for you?

1. Sign in to your Expensify account on the web app at www.expensify.com.
    2. Go to the Reports page.
    3. Click the checkbox to the left of the Report you'd like to export.
    4. Click the Export to drop-down list.
    5. Select Default CSV.

Next, you'll want to enable Public Receipt Visibility for these receipts so that anyone who receives the CSV can view the receipts when they click on the link in the CSV. Let me know if you have any questions about this option!

• Skygear
    Skygear Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Being able to provide our client with full sized images in PDF form is an essential for THEIR bookkeeping. We cannot expect them to have access to our online account with Expensify for the 3 years they need for their accounting and legal purposes. This is a simple feature that's been removed but now adds a significant amount of time to our expense reporting.

• Victoria O'leary
    Victoria O'leary Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 105 Expensify Team

Hi @Skygear

Just jumping back a little here, by using the approach suggested above, you'll be able to give your bookkeeper or auditor access to these receipts without giving them access to Expensify:

1. Sign in to your Expensify account on the web app at www.expensify.com.
    2. Go to the Reports page.
    3. Click the checkbox to the left of the Report you'd like to export.
    4. Click the Export to drop-down list.
    5. Select Default CSV.

Next, you'll want to enable Public Receipt Visibility for these receipts so that anyone who receives the CSV can view the receipts when they click on the link in the CSV.

Or, if you would like to share just one report at a time, you could always export the report to PDF and share that.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• ghostwriter66
    ghostwriter66 Expensify Customer Posts: 1

These answers are unhelpful:

I need to be able to scan the documents - save the file - make adjustments - and then save and send a pdf that has full size pictures of the receipts with my report via PDF. NO I do not want my accounting people to have to double click on 1300 receipts to see each one, one at a time, NO I do not want to give someone auditor permission, - I want them to be able to actually open the report and see all the receipts at once ... Expensify use to be able to do that - now it has stopped doing it ...

Is there a solution or do we need to look for another vendor that can. Not being sarcastic but so many of these answers on this forum does NOT answer the direct question being asked.

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 865 Expensify Team

Hi @ghostwriter66 no, that is not something that Expensify does anymore as the output files are unwieldy. We recommend that you share your reports within Expensify and your accounting people access them on-screen, or as mentioned, export to CSV.

• Hoologan
    Hoologan Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Hi Rachael,

To echo @ghostwriter66's concerns, the question is still not being answered. I'm in a similar position when I invoice a client that has strict travel guidelines such as itemized receipts, no alcohol, etc., I need to provide pdfs of READABLE receipts. Currently, the pdf contains thumbnails that are completely UNREADABLE. It is not my accounting people, (which, as a small business is myself) that I need to worry about, it is the accounting people that work for the Fortune 100 companies that we do business with. Those people are not going to log in to your application to verify my billing, they will simply deny to pay me if I can't follow their requirements. I understand your desire to go paperless, but that's not how the world works yet. Please speak to your team and give us back this option. Thank you.