Tags integration between Expensify and NetSuite

Farshad_Aboobacker
Farshad_Aboobacker Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

We are working on integration between Expensify and NetSuite. We have a query on Tags integration. We have multiple Dimensions in NetSuite that has to be shown as different Tags in Expensify. With only 1 Tag option in Expensify how does it work.

Eg: We have Department, Projects and Events dimensions in Netsuite. How does it integrate to Expensify that has only one Tag option.

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @Farshad_Aboobacker Welcome to the Expensify Community!

Have you set this up in your Sandbox already? It should set up a tag per dimension as far as I'm aware - has it combined them all into one?

I see you have a pile of Policies - I recommend you reach out to concierge@expensify.com and let us know which Policy you're experimenting with. We have people online in your timezone for live help, so I think that's the best approach!

• Farshad_Aboobacker

Thank you Rachael. Tag per dimension is exactly what we are looking for. To give you a context of what stage we are in, the integration details (token based) has been shared with the NetSuite tech team. We will be first testing it between NetSuite Sandbox and a test Expensify policy. The query is : do we have to enable multi level tags in Expensify in advance or as part of integration do the various dimensions automatically setup relevant Tags in Expensify?

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team

Hey @Farshad_Aboobacker !

With a direct integration to programs like NetSuite, you want to manage your tags through Settings - Policies - Group - [Policy Name] - Connections - NetSuite - Configure - Coding. You never want to manage the tag lists manually. The reason is that once you configure your Coding to map any data point to Tags, any manual data on the Tags page will be removed and overwritten each time you sync to NetSuite.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have more questions.

• Farshad_Aboobacker

Consider we have 3 dimensions in NetSuite: 

Dimension 1 is Department with values IT, FIN and SALES.

Dimension 2 is Project with values PRJ1 and PRJ2. 

Dimension 3 is Location with values UAE, US and India.

Our query is as below:

With above 3 dimension in place, when a user needs to enter or update an expense in Expensify how will the user select all the 3 Dimensions per expense. Consider the user has 4 expense lines as below and need to submit it in a single Expense report:

Expense line 1 : Merchant-Starbucks, Description-Lunch, USD 10, Department-IT, Project-PRJ2, Location-US

Expense line 2 : Merchant-Taxi, Description-Travel to client, AED 150, Department-FIN, Project-PRJ1, Location-UAE

Expense line 3 : Merchant-KFC, Description-Lunch, AED 50, Department-IT, Project-PRJ2, Location-UAE

Expense line 4 : Merchant-Rail, Description-Travel, INR 1000, Department-Sales, Project-PRJ2, Location-India

How will the 3 Dimensions be selected per expense line in Expensify which has one field called Tags? Do we have to enable Multi Level tags prior to integration to NetSuite. If not, how will the above requirement work?

• Antti
    Antti Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Hello,

I have a similar need as Farshad in this old post from 2020. Is there now a possibility to have multiple tags for a policy when you have integration with Netsuite? As our need is also to have separate "project code" tag besides our existing "departments" tag.

Best regards,

Antti Lehtonen