Transaction import from Wells Fargo paused. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

thumbnail view of receipts

nancypizzanancypizza Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Please bring this feature back!

The decision to remove this was not one I would consider environmentally sound or corporate budget friendly. The reason we started using expensify was for the quick access and quick report views. This may make us rethink our decision. Updates are supposed to enhance the product not make it more cumbersome to work with. We are aware of how to get full receipts when needed. The thumbnail view provided quick access for my staff to process expenses and print a page or two as a backup document for processing showing thumbnail receipts. I have almost 60 employees using the services. Their reports went from three pages to 40 pages and now someone has to pick through each page and determine what to print, one page at a time. Very time consuming, a waste if paper and a waste of human resources.

Please reconsider adding this back.

1 votes

Understanding the Issue · Last Updated

Comments

• John SchusterJohn Schuster Expensify Team Posts: 89 Expensify Team

Hey there, @nancypizza! Thanks for your feedback on this. Can I ask why you need to print reports in the first place? This isn't exactly how Expensify is intended to be used, so I'd love to understand why you feel you need to do this!

Thanks!

• nancypizzanancypizza Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Printing a short report, a page or two, helps our audit process. We are not using all the functionality Expensify has to offer, as silly as this may sound. We make audit trail notes on the the hard copies. Our accounting program integrates with yours but not without a lot of manual interference. Several of my team members have different tasks they go through before an expense can be paid. We do not use expensify to pay expenses, just to mark them reimbursed. Having a paper view keeps us on target to complete all the tasks necessary to get it all done.

• John SchusterJohn Schuster Expensify Team Posts: 89 Expensify Team

Thanks for clarifying that! I hope you don't mind, but I'd love to drill down into some of these processes. Specifically:

• Audit notes

• Manual interference with exported data

Regarding audit notes: In Expensify, each report contains a Report History, which logs every action taken on a report. Is there anything the Report History doesn't log that you require for your audit notes?

Regarding manual interference with exported data: I'll admit, I totally understand if you need to manipulate the data before it is imported into your Accounting Platform, but that's certainly not ideal. My recommendation is to create an Export Template that matches 1:1 with the data that you need to import into your accounting system. That would allow you to streamline the process to be more like:

`Export the data from Expensify > Import the data into your accounting system.`

Can you think of any reason why that couldn't work for you?

• random_userrandom_user Expensify Customer Posts: 16 Expensify Newcomer

Because this is still more work then how we were able to do it in the past. This was a bad decision from the top down, whoever screwed up needs to admit it and add the thumbnails view back.

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 749 Expensify Team

Hi @random_user as a general rule Expensify makes changes for a reason, so we like to get use cases so we can see what issue the original (deprecated) feature solved, with a view to solving that issue in a different way. In this case, we are setting Reports up for future UI changes which are in the pipeline long-term.

We certainly don't consider this a 'screw up', but we are certainly tracking the feedback internally - in the past month we've had about 25-30 people out of millions of active users say that they're not fans, so it's more of a trickle than a deluge of complaints.

Please do try to be "constructive with with your feedback please", as The Hiphopopotamus would say. The more detail you can give, the better 😀