Expensify.org is accepting proposals for new campaigns. Submit yours here by April 30th to receive up to $100,000 in funding for campaigns dismantling injustice related to: Climate, Homes, Hunger, Reentry, or Youth.

Change the receipt image file name when exporting to QuickBooks Online

PoyShaPoySha Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

I need to be able to change the file name during export to contain either the client's name that it is being billed to OR the description from the entry.

Now when attaching images to invoices we have to open EVERY SINGLE file to see what to attach. It is horrible and almost makes expensify not worth it as it no longer saves us much time ;)

0 votes

Not Developing · Last Updated

Unfortunately, this is not something that Expensify can control.

Comments

• John SchusterJohn Schuster Expensify Team Posts: 100 Expensify Team

Hey there, @PoySha! Thanks for posting your idea! Can you help me understand a bit more about this need?

From your image, I'm guessing that maybe some of your receipts are being invoiced to Client 1, and others are being invoiced to Client 2 – am I on the right track?

Please provide as much context as you're able! I'd love to understand the underlying issue to see if there's any way we can already solve for it!

• PoyShaPoySha Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

John,

Thanks for checking in. When we enter billable receipts into expensify (and choose client name), it is imported to quickbooks online.

We then go to create an invoice for each client and have to choose the appropriate receipts to attach to the invoice. Unfortunately, ALL the billable client receipts pop as options to attach in the invoice (not just the ones for that particular client).

That means we have to open the receipts one by one to see what ones should be attached. This sort of defeats the purpose of expensify saving us time.

Please let me know if you know of a shortcut. The only thing I can think of is to have them exported to QB with the file name as the client name that it is billable to

or

the description that was entered on the receipt (as we put client names there).

• PoyShaPoySha Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

Does anyone have an idea about this? It seems that I can't be the only one who has an issue with receipts being imported as random letters/numbers rather than descriptions. I'm hoping there is some import setting that I don't know about!

• Ariel GreenAriel Green Expensify Team Posts: 101 Expensify Team

Hi @PoySha , this isn't something we currently support. That said, if you have billable expenses enabled in QuickBooks, you should be able to see all tagged expenses for a customer and create an invoice that way, which would pull in the receipts. Here are instructions on that.