Invoice/Expense Report Custom Fields

JimCrateJimCrate Expensify Customer Posts: 3

A multi-line text field type would be nice so we can enter an address again on Invoices.

Since fields are half-width, the ability to specify left/right would give us the ability to have a little control over placement. A better way to order fields than "delete them all and add them in the correct order" would be nice too.

A "label-only" field type could let us add a bold label alone to the custom fields area.

1 votes

Understanding the Issue · Last Updated

Comments

• Conor PendergrastConor Pendergrast Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 101 Expensify Team

@JimCrate Hey Jim - don't forget to vote for your own idea by clicking the vote button too! What would you find as the benefit of multi-line customer addresses for Invoices sent through Expensify?

You can reorder Report Fields through the policy editor already (Settings > Policies > Group [Policy Name] > Reports > Report Fields) using the arrows at the top of the Report Field!

• JimCrateJimCrate Expensify Customer Posts: 3

I have a couple clients that prefer to mail a check, and I live in an RV so my mailing address changes often. The Invoice interface used to have a field for company address (my address) so it was convenient to put my current mailing address on the invoice.

The customer address is less relevant, since the invoice is emailed to them, and if that field existed in the old Invoice interface I never used it.

I hadn't tried to reorder fields yet, but it's good to see we can already do that.

• Zany RenneyZany Renney Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 108 Expensify Team

Hi @JimCrate

You can create whichever invoice fields suit your business needs. All you need to do is:

Head to Settings > Policies > Group [Policy Name] > Reports > Report Fields

From here you’ll be able to add the Invoice Report field you need, for example, a "Customer Address" as shown below (I have already added a "Supplier Address" which is probably the field you'd look to add if your address changes often and you are the one supplying the goods!) :

You’ll be able to stipulate the type of field (e.g. text, dropdown, or date), and which report type you want the field to appear on. 

To add an Invoice Report field, ensure you select “Invoice” from the dropdown.

From there, once you click “Add” the new field will appear in your “Report and Invoice Fields” section like so:

Once it is there, you’ll be able to see it on any Invoice Report you create on that Policy.

I hope this helps and let me know how you get on :)

• JimCrateJimCrate Expensify Customer Posts: 3

I was not able to enter multiple lines when adding an address field. I tried hitting return and option-return (macOS). Since your screenshot showed that it should be possible, I tried creating the address lines in a text editor and copy/pasting and it worked.

So I guess I don't need anything else. Thanks for all the help!

• Zany RenneyZany Renney Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 108 Expensify Team