Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!

Expensify Card Admin Issues

nhoffman94_tob
nhoffman94_tob Expensify Customer Posts: 39 Expensify Newcomer

When someone makes a purchase with an Expensify card and money comes out of the bank, it's difficult to hunt down who's transaction it was because:

#1 The bank transaction details only says "Expensify" with no indication of who's card it was from

#2 There's no way to search Expensify by amount of the transaction

#3 Sometimes the transactions are grouped together, so it's time-consuming to pick apart which transactions may have made up the total

Possible solutions:

-A daily report that could tell me which transactions have actually processed that day so I know exactly which transactions have debited my bank account

-Ability to search transactions by amount

-Transaction separated out and details communicated and displayed by bank if possible

0 votes

Already supported · Last Updated

Comments

• Jeremy Boniface
    Jeremy Boniface Expensify Team Posts: 183 Expensify Team

I believe what you're looking for already exists, but correct me if this doesn't help! I think you can get the view you're looking for from the Reconciliation Dashboard under Settings > Domains > [domain] > Company Cards > Reconciliation. From there, use the Settlements tab. You can expand any of the payments to see the expenses that are related to them from there.

You'll notice that the settlement and the transactions that contributed toward its total all carry the same Entry ID number.

You can also download the Expensify Card Statement to a CSV by clicking "Download CSV". Then, you'll be able to sort by Entry ID. Some customers have made use of color-coding by Entry ID in their CSVs to make this even more clear.

You can use the same tool to Reconcile Expenses that occurred during the same period as these are what should be exported to your accounting system.

• nhoffman94_tob
    nhoffman94_tob Expensify Customer Posts: 39 Expensify Newcomer

@Jeremy Boniface Oh that works!! Thanks!

*For other reasons, I think it would still be nice to add a filter to search Expensify by amount of transaction

• Jeremy Boniface
    Jeremy Boniface Expensify Team Posts: 183 Expensify Team

Gotcha -- right now the best option is to sort by amount on the Expenses page, or export and search, but it depends on what you're trying to do!