I need to talk to someone on the PHONE

Options
midda33
midda33 Expensify Customer Posts: 14 Expensify Newcomer

I have just taken over as the controller for my company.

The company has had a massive restructuring and all the previous admins to the account are no longer here.

I need to talk to our initial account manager and also obtain the initial contract and I have literally been talking to the "concierge" all day and every question I ask they just send a link to a new article on "how to"

Our account needs a MASSIVE cleanse due to a restructuring and one 30 minute phone call would help everything. I've literally been talking to the same concierge person for 7 hours today and has been completely unhelpful.

If I can't get some basic customer service I will not be renewing for 2021

Answers

• midda33
    Options

I also don't appreciate this attitude from the Concierge:

[Concierge1 minute ago

We don't have managers and you're at the top tier of escalation in our support system. For the record, I don't see cursing and getting frustrated demonstrates patience.]

I did not curse once and stated how frustrating dealing with a chat box was. I have the entire chat history saved. That is quite the attitude to give to one of your customers. I am actually shocked.

• Stevie LaFortune
    Stevie LaFortune Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 240 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey @midda33 ! Sorry to hear you are in this position, sounds pretty stressful! I know it seems overwhelming, especially just being thrown into this. We don't provide phone support and really try to have the resources needed available to you.

This one 30'ish minute recorded webinar would really put you in a better place.

• Admin Onboarding will help to increase your knowledge of Expensify setup and administration.

As an Admin you now have access to what you need. If you are concerned about someone accessing their account before you have time to verify and view thing, enter their email address to login and select "Forgot Password". This will email a link to reset that to the company email address you entered.

• midda33
    Options

Ive watched the video. This was not helpful. I ve now been talking to you Conccierge for 12 hours. yes you heard that right.

All my integrations to netsuite are COMPLETELY messed up because the admins were removed. I NEED to talk to someone asap. the concierge have zero idea how to fix it.

• midda33
    Options
  • Ben Fitz
    Ben Fitz Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 117 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey @midda33 — we don't offer phone support of any kind. We've found that sharing knowledge via Concierge (which can be referenced later, at any point) is the best way to support our users. All of our support staff work via Concierge, so it's where you'll find the answers you need. It sounds like you've gone back and forth with Concierge for some time, so perhaps the best next step would be to write out a list of the issues you're facing (it sounds like your NetSuite integration is the main one, but I see several other topics referenced in the conversation you're having with Concierge) so that we can look to address each of those.

• midda33
    Options

ben - I literally have about 100 issues which is literally becoming a full time job going through each one. this could be resolved with a 30 minute phone call.

do you guys want to keep us as a customer? if so, all we want is a 30 min call. otherwise im cancelling this immediately.

• midda33
    Options

I've offered to pay for someone at expensify to consult for a phone call. its not about money. i literally do not have the TIME to sort through these issues

• Ben Fitz
    Options

Sure, I can appreciate that! There's a fair bit to familiarise yourself with as you take over administration of an Expensify policy. What I can say is this — we've found that the quickest, best way to resolve issues comes via live chat with Concierge. That's from supporting tens of thousands of customers via a variety of methods over the decade we've been in business.

It might seem that a phone call would produce a quicker resolution, but if you have that many issues, then it would not be possible to address them all on a half hour phone.

If a phone call were to happen, then one step of that process would be to write down each of the individual items that need addressing. What I'd suggest, then, would be for you to complete that exercise and then send that list over to us. We can then review your issues and get back to you with a series of messages covering each point. The benefits of this are that we're not taking up your time directly with a call, and we can also provide advice that you can refer back to at any time (something we know, from experience, that our users find very helpful).

• midda33
    Options

Ben- ive literally been talking with your Concierge for 4 straight days including the weekend. You dont need to tell me how to manage my work. I was an abacus customer prior to this and one phone call solved all our issues when we took over. Do you have a helpdesk number i can pay for? i am not getting anywhere with this. look at my concierge chat history so you know exactly what im talking about. They clearly dont have the ability to help. All they do is copy and paste articles and dont understand the complex nature of what is happening here.

• Ben Fitz
    Options

There's no paid helpdesk number that we offer. Would you consider taking the approach I've suggested? I've reviewed the conversation you're having and I think the issue is in trying to solve all these issues concurrently. If you'd like to write down a list of each thing you're trying to achieve, and then are happy to leave that with us to provide some lengthier instructions (rather than going message for message) I believe that will help us provide clearer guidance, and then you in being able to follow that guidance in doing what needs to be done.

• midda33
    Options

Ben if youve read the history you will realize that I dont have a list of issues because a new issue arises as soon as i overcome one.

If I had a full list I would have sent it to you but everytime i fix something a new error comes up.

At the end of the day, you have admins that no longer work here. I need to transfer ALL OWNERSHIP to my account. thats literally all im trying to do.

• Ben Fitz
    Options

Yes, I can see that. It appears that there's a mix of trying to take over admin duties, but also change the way things are set up (particularly with the NetSuite integration). If you'd like to simply say "These admins have left, what do I need to do to take over all of the roles they held in Expensify?" then that will give us a base to work from and a goal to strive for. Once that's completed, and you're the admin, then it's going to be easier to understand and address each issue as it arises while you're working within Expensify because they won't be muddled in with the admin/ownership elements at play right now.

• midda33
    Options

I am the Admin! have a look! im the only admin

but there is policies linked to the CFO which I can not view or delete and i need to delete those in order to "close" his account in expensify....

• Nicole Mendonca
    Nicole Mendonca Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 131 Expensify Team
    Options

@midda33 you can only take over billing / ownership of a policy if you are an Admin. If you are trying to take over a policy of a terminated employee (aka the current policy owner isn't able to make you a Policy Admin), are you able to ask your IT team to help you get access to their account?

• midda33
    Options

"X and Y are both admins on the XYZ policy. In order to make any changes you'll need access to one of their accounts. With this you can make yourself an admin and have total control. If that is not an option right now, you'll need to reach out to your IT department in order to gain access to one of the accounts."

This is seriously unreal. I get different information every time I speak to someone. Last Thursday there was ZERO mention of this and you guys promised u would delete their accounts and any associations with them. X and Y NO LONGER WORK AT THE COMPANY. I can NOT get IT to do this since we outsource all IT. EXPENSIFY need to remove these two people. HOw many times do I have to literally REPEAT the same thing over and over to your Concierge ?

you basically shift from one person to the next as soon as one of them clocks out. This is absolutely atrocious customer service

• midda33
    Options
  • Joe123
    Joe123 Expensify Customer Posts: 0
    Options

Haha! Good luck - and watch this webinar. Unbelievable.

• Maddy Lewis
    Maddy Lewis Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 120 Expensify Team
    edited December 2020
    Options

@midda33 - To clarify, a Policy Admin is a specific user role on a policy. You are an admin on one group policy, but you are not an admin on all the policies across your organization. That is why you're not able to take over billing of these other policies from your own account at this time.

As stated in your conversation with Concierge, Expensify cannot delete or transfer policy ownership on a customer's behalf.

You will need to access those former employee's account to make these updates. This is a common process that we walk customers through on a regular basis.

Please respond via in-app chat with additional questions, and we'll get this resolved.

• midda33
    Options

First things first, why are you disclosing our company name? this is confidential information. Please edit that.

So you're telling that there is no way an Admin in Expensify cannot override and delete an old policy owner? so if that email address were to be deleted forever from the servers and theres no way to go back to that inbox, you're saying theres no way Expensify couldnt delete that manually through overriding?

I find that VERY hard to believe.

• Maddy Lewis
    Maddy Lewis Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 120 Expensify Team
    Options

@midda33 - Sure! I went ahead and edited my comment to remove the name of your policy.

Correct, there is not a way for a Policy Admin to take over ownership of a policy that they are not already an admin on.

Since the Community is a public forum, and we're dealing with a specific situation directly related to your user account/organization, you'll want to keep all communication in Concierge going forward.

Go ahead and reply to Concierge and we'll go from there. Thanks!

• expensifyrsocailist
    expensifyrsocailist Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I agree with you here that any paid subscription service should also provide phone service. I don't care if I have to wait on hold for 90 minutes, any company who collects money from paying customers needs a voice that you can talk to on the other side.

SHAME ON YOU EXPENSIFY. Not having support on the phone reminds me of the dark days of the internet back when eBay had no phone support. From a customer service standpoint, I would be happy to wait on the phone for 2 hours if the urgent need came up. How many people would it take to staff this call volume? Maybe 5? You could make it for premium customers only, perhaps provide a pin for each call in that you get through email to verify a customer's premium

• Copper_Moon_1
    Copper_Moon_1 Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I want to share in frustration with other Expensify customers on this thread. After nearly a year of using Expensify, it stopped importing data from all of my bank accounts. I want to be very clear that for 11 months, Expensify DID IMPORT ALL ACH AND OTHER DIRECT PAYMENTS, CHECKS, ETC, but support is now telling me they've only ever been able to import from credit cards. I have a year's worth of reports that discredit that claim. I am now manually entering every entry and it's a nightmare. I have spent hours and hours and hours on endless, unhelpful chats with Expensify chat bots and teams. It's an absolute waste of time. I implore you to get a customer service team before you lose your customer base. I'm certainly out.