How to split policy, adding threshold for approval level and have annual cap expense

Options
Mila_Ngo_0613
Mila_Ngo_0613 Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Hi,

When we 1st started with Expensify, we didnt break out our employees into 2 groups. All expense have been approved under one person.

Can you show me how to split the policy into two groups under 1 set of current employees list.

We also want to put in place a certain threshold that would not need layers of approvals and also put a annual cap expense on each employee so we can track it when it reaches the limit of expense?

I am the new admin in expensify and I sure need some support and how-to tips to get this going,

Thanks,

Mila

If you can reply to this thread or let me know the support associate, my email is mila@valiantcg.com.

Answers

• Cortney Ofstad
    Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @Mila_Ngo_0613! Thanks for reaching out!

First, in regards to splitting the policy, there isn't a way to do this formally, but you can create a second policy and invite the group of employees to that one, before removing them from the old policy. Please note Expensify doesn't charge extra for owning multiple policies, as long as they are all owned by the same Expensify account. You can view who the current policy owner is by logging into the Expensify website, navigating to Settings - Policies - Group, and taking note of the name/email listed in the Policy Owner column.

In regards to the approval, we do have information on our Advanced Approval (multiple levels) found here. While we don't have a way to "cap" expenses exactly, you can set a maximum amount for expenses across an entire policy, as well as age (i.e. nothing over 90 days old, for example). More information on setting this up can be found here.

As for being a new admin, here's what I recommend to help you get started:

Self-paced learning:

Training videos:

If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to reach back out though! You can also reach out to Concierge via our in-app messaging or via email at concierge@expensify.com!

• Mila_Ngo_0613
    Mila_Ngo_0613 Expensify Customer Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you so much Cortney Ofstad. I will research a little bit more on your recommendation and how to move forward with it.

Appreciated your quick response.

• Cortney Ofstad
    Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team
    Options