Expensify.org is accepting proposals for new campaigns. Submit yours here by April 30th to receive up to $100,000 in funding for campaigns dismantling injustice related to: Climate, Homes, Hunger, Reentry, or Youth.
How-to: Create and submit a bill
Expensify offers multiple ways to create a bill on the web. This allows you to easily add bills to your Expensify account for tracking all your company expenses in one place!
This feature is available to:
- Group policy users: perfect for businesses who want to send invoices to clients/customers.
- Individual policy users: perfect for contractors, personal business owners, or anyone who wants to send invoices to clients/customers.
- Users with a private email address linked to their Expensify account (not available to users with a gmail, hotmail, etc email).
Below is a breakdown of the three options you have to create a bill in Expensify
1) Upload a physical bill in Expensify
If you receive a physical bill, you can manually upload the bill and pay the bill in Expensify.
- Sign-in your Expensify account at www.expensify.com.
- Go to the Reports Page > click New Report and choose Bill.
- Add the expense details and vendor's email address to the pop-up window.
- Upload a pdf/image of the bill.
- Click Submit.
This option requires a connected business bank account to pay the bills. If you don't see the Bill option in the drop-down list, first connect a business bank account at Settings > Account > Payments.
2) Receive bills in Expensify
Simply ask your vendors to email all your invoices to [yourdomain.com]@expensify.cash.
Example, if your domain is "example.com" your billing email is "[email protected]", include the .com/.gov/.io/etc.
The invoices will be SmartScanned automatically, then appear as a bill for approval and payment in Expensify.
3) Forward a bill to Expensify
If your bills are emailed to you, you can forward those bills to [yourdomain.com]@expensify.cash.
Once the SmartScan process completes, the bill will display on the Reports page of the primary domain admin's Expensify account.
This user will be able to Pay the bill and share it with others.
You can learn more about these details in this support article.