How to: Get Paid for an Invoice and Bill

Options
Christina Dobryzynski
Christina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 267 Expensify Team
edited August 2022 in How-to Docs

This feature is available to:

Group policy users: perfect for businesses and companies who want to send invoices to clients/customers.

Individual policy users: perfect for contractors, sole proprietors, personal business owners, and anyone who wants to send invoices to clients/customers.

Expensify vocabulary to understand before we get started: 

• Deposit-Only Personal Bank Account - connecting a personal bank account allows you to receive reimbursements from your employer via ACH.
  • Deposit-Only Business Bank Account - connecting a business bank account allows you to receive payments for invoices via ACH. You can also use this account to pay bills
  • Verified Bank Account - connecting a verified business bank account allows you to reimburse employees via ACH, pay bills, receive invoice payments, and get the Expensify Card.  

All bank accounts to receive or send payments via Expensify are connected using a web browser on the Settings > Account > Payments page.

Get paid via ACH:

If you've sent an invoice or bill to someone, you’ll need to add a Deposit Only Business Bank Account to Expensify to receive an ACH payment. The steps to add a deposit-only account are here.

To get paid via Venmo:

To be paid via Venmo, both the sender (you) and the payer need to connect a Venmo account in Expensify. Venmo can be added to your account on the web at Settings > Account > Account Details > Secondary Logins. More details about this here.

To get paid via PayPal.me:

To be paid via Paypal.me, both the invoice sender (you) and the payer need to connect a PayPal.me account in Expensify. PayPal.me can be added to your account on the web at Settings > Account > Payments > Alternative Payment Accounts. More details about this here.

Related Articles:
Tagged: