Change phone number on Expensify Card

abcdef
abcdef Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I'm getting Verify by Visa issues where it says it sent a verification code to my phone number. The phone number is a landline, and there is no way where I can receive this message. I also don't see where I can set the phone number in my settings. Setting the secondary login phone number does not solve this either.

Answers

• Victoria O'leary
    Victoria O'leary Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 110 Expensify Team

Hi @abcdef

Welcome to the Community!

You will need to have a mobile phone number on file so you can get your Verified by Visa code, but not to worry, you can add this very easily.

You can check, add or update your contact number by following the steps below:

1. In your account, head to Settings > Account > Credit Card Import
    2. Under your Expensify Card, click "Request a New Card" (don't worry, you won't actually be requesting a new card)
    3. This brings up a dialog box. Here, you can select "I lost my card" and then click "Continue"
    4. The next screen will ask you to confirm your phone number. This is the current number for your Expensify card. If it's correct, click the 'X' in the upper right corner to exit out. If you need to update your number, edit the information and then click "Continue"
    5. ⚠️IMPORTANT ⚠️On the next screen, click the 'X' in the upper right to complete this process. Do not click "Send me a new card!":

Your number should then be updated and you'll be able to make payments with the card again.

If you have any other questions, just reach out to us on concierge@expensify.com, or through our in-product messaging.