A Guide to Finding Help Resources in the Community
What is the Community and what is in there?
The Expensify Community is the home to our public-facing help documentation, Q&A threads, product update posts, and where customers share and vote for feature requests.
It’s the number one place for customers to self-serve their questions and issues and is frequently the destination of customers Googling their questions about Expensify.
Where can I find the Help Docs?
All our help docs live in the Expensify Classroom category of the Community. Help docs are broken down into two main parts.
- How-to posts: These help docs contain just the steps to complete a specific action in Expensify or setup a feature or functionality.
- Deep Dive: A deep dive post goes into more of the why you use this feature and the best practices around using this feature. It’s less how-to and more how come?
Community posts and help docs are displayed in search results based on their popularity. If you find a help doc that is very helpful and leave a reaction on it, you’ll help it rise in popularity and in the search results.
Use Google - believe it or not, Google has a great search and is really smart! Searching for your help doc via Google will return super accurate results. An example search is "how to create an expense Expensify Community"
Use the Expensify Community search bar - Using keywords such as How To and Deep Dive, you can use the search bar to the top of the Community to find an article related to your question. It’s important to remember that a regular search in the Community searches over 3000 posts.
Search the Expensify Classroom - use this link as a shortcut to search the Expensify Classroom. You can use the filters to the right of the page to narrow your search.
- Use common search terms - In addition to using common terms for features and functionality, you also want to start out your search term simple and make it more complex gradually.
- For example, “how to submit a report” is better than “My report needs to be submitted but I can’t find the button anywhere why is this so HARD!”.
- More advanced short-cuts - Additionally you can use the below shortcuts to narrow down your results further.
- “keyword phrase”: A phrase wrapped in quotes must occur in that order.
- +keyword: The keyword must occur in the search result.
- -keyword: The keyword must not occur in the result.