Expensify.org is accepting proposals for new campaigns. Submit yours here by April 30th to receive up to $100,000 in funding for campaigns dismantling injustice related to: Climate, Homes, Hunger, Reentry, or Youth.

ability to merge policies that are created under same subscription

krichardsonkrichardson Expensify Customer Posts: 7

I have a subscription under which I created three separate policies. One for the employees who submitted regular expense reports to be reimbursed and those reports import into QuickBooks as a vendor bill. I had to create to two separate policies for two partners who had personal cards that they used as company cards that the company paid and so these reports had to import into QuickBooks into the credit card account. One of those partners is technologically challenged and even small changes throw him. He has now switched to paying his own credit card and so is submitting his expense reports for reimbursement like everyone else. However, I cannot merge the two policies behind the scenes. I would have to close his policy and invite him to the other policy. If he has to go through the invite process again and set up to which policy he is using, etc. it will be an ordeal. A way around this is to allow for policies under the same subscription to be merged behind the scenes so the users don't have to do anything.

1 votes

Understanding the Issue · Last Updated

Comments

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 810 Expensify Team

Hi @krichardson I think this is a support issue as opposed to an 'Idea' per se!

Once someone has an Expensify account, there's no rigmarole with adding them to a Policy, when you invite them it will just magically be an option for them. So you are safe to add to one and remove from the other.

I also recommend you have him invite you as Copilot, that way you can set his default policy to the new one and also help him out whenever necessary!

Or, if you have a verified domain you can restrict him to using one policy without him having to do anything at all!