Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!

ADD USAA TO LIST OF BANKS

Melly
Melly Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Yeah this is a huge problem. Why would USAA be available to add as a payment bank, but not come up as an option to import transactions from? Other sites allow for API to the bank directly, so I do not see how you guys have not been able to get the open API code to implement it as an option, especially when I see you have done so for it shows up under the payments option.

As a technical product manager, I advise you to go ahead and add USAA because there is a huge military and navy clientele that is using their accounts to document expenses, especially us who are working for government contracts.

Making us import a list via CSV is very painful, as we don't have expenses for a babysitting business here....most of us are dealing with high expenses for multi-matrix fortune 500 organizations so this is a BIG DEAL BREAKER FOR ME that I will pay another vendor to provide IF YOU CANNOT DO SO EASILY.

I can only imagine how many other customers are walking away from this service once they find out how limited they are with syncing their military banks.

Tagged:
3 votes

Understanding the Issue · Last Updated

Comments

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 335 Expensify Team

Why would USAA be available to add as a payment bank, but not come up as an option to import transactions from?

As you have identified, these are two different functions. One is facilitated by our partner, Plaid, as a means to connect a bank account to facilitate KYC for our own in-house business expense reimbursements, ACH invoice payments and Expensify Card statements.

The other is "transaction import for cards connected to an account". This is not facilitated by our partner, Plaid, and is something we'd need to look to build and maintain ourselves, as we have done with existing ExpensifyApproved! Banks connections.

It's certainly not inconceivable, so we appreciate you garnering feedback for the idea, but it's not a simple as toggling something on that we're using elsewhere in the product.

• Matt Moore
    Matt Moore Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 127 Expensify Team

Hi @Melly and welcome to the community!

We understand that not having a direct connection to your credit card's information can be frustrating. Unfortunately there's an endless number of banks out there and a seemingly endless number of connection options, but only so many resources; as a result, we generally focus on bank connections that serve the largest portion of our user base.

Good idea on creating an Idea post. If this takes off, we'll be able to gauge working with USAA's API as a priority.

If your company is eligible, Commercial Feeds can be a great, reliable, option. If you have a corporate or commercial card account, then you may be able to access a daily transaction feed where expenses are sent to Expensify by Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. You can contact your banking relationship manager to see if your card program is eligible.

You might also want to consider switching to one of our recommended credit card connections. Here’s the list of cards/banks we recommend:

These are the most reliable banking connections available in Expensify.

• JJardin
    JJardin Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Just stopping by to add another call to add USAA to the list of cards that can be imported. Please do it!