What is the most efficient way to change credit cards?

Options
david_s_wu
david_s_wu Expensify Customer Posts: 2

I need to migrate from old credit cards to new ones. The old credit cards must still have their receipts in expensify, and the new credit cards need to have a path to upload the receipts.

Do I just double the cards and upload the receipts, as the old ones disappear and the new ones take over?

Answers

• Sonia Liapounova
    Sonia Liapounova Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 210 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @david_s_wu!

Are the new cards a new card program (example, you're switching banks or changing from "business cards" to "corporate cards") OR are they the same cards that just got updated (example, the card number changed or the card was replaced due to fraud)?

If different programs - you can just import the new cards and leave the old ones connected. Users can have multiple cards assigned to them at the same time.

If the old cards are being updated - this depends on your bank but you may need to import the new card and assign it to the user, some banks will update the card on their end so that the new transactions are being sent to the existing card. Users can have multiple cards assigned to them at the same time.

⚠️Before you disconnect any cards, please remember that all Unreported and Open expenses will be deleted when you unassign a card! Expenses that have been submitted and are in the Processing, Approved, Reimbursed, or Closed states will not be deleted. So before you unassign any cards, make sure all outstanding expenses have been submitted.

• david_s_wu
    david_s_wu Expensify Customer Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks.

Please confirm that I can just assign the new card to the new user, without deleting the old cards.

This way I will not lose the old cards data.

Will the user be confused when they see two cards in expensify? How do I differentiate between the two cards. I do not have a visual of what the user sees.

• Sonia Liapounova
    Sonia Liapounova Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 210 Expensify Team
    Options

@david_s_wu

"Please confirm that I can just assign the new card to the new user, without deleting the old cards."

That's correct, you can assign multiple cards to users at the same time.

"Will the user be confused when they see two cards in expensify? How do I differentiate between the two cards. I do not have a visual of what the user sees."

If these are company cards, in most cases, I've seen that users won't need to differentiate between the cards because they simply need to submit all expenses. But if they need to filter expenses by card, they can use the card filter on the Expenses page:

They will also be able to see which card was used on the expense itself:

I hope this helps!