Organizing or Limiting View of GL Codes

Niccole
Niccole Expensify Customer Posts: 4

Hello -

Is there a way in Expensify to limit which GL codes that the end user can view or if not, a way to organize the GL codes in a way that most used are at the top of the category list?

Thank you so much,

Niccole

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Michael Haxhiu
    Michael Haxhiu Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 88 Expensify Team

Hey @Niccole,

Can you clarify if you are looking to hide the GL codes from employees that are creating expenses? If so, we actually do this already and you can test it by going to the Expenses page and clicking [New Expense].

• Niccole

Hi Michael,

Currently every GL code has a corresponding item in the category options when adding an expense. My current understanding is that we have to keep all lines of GL (even if named something else) in the Category list - which is providing over 150+ items for Team Members to select from and hard to ensure that they are choosing accurately. I am trying to see how/if we can modify what the Team Member sees (only 10 of the GL lines named something else vs. having to scroll through the 150+). Please let me know if there more I can provide to help in clarifying my question.

Appreciate your help greatly.

All the best,

Niccole

• Michael Haxhiu
    Michael Haxhiu Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 88 Expensify Team

Hey @Niccole,

Hm so your end user's actually won't see any GL codes with your current configuration. We only show GL codes to policy admins (because most end-users don't remember GL codes, but rather they remember the category name itself).

You can test this by creating a new expense, and attempting to select a category for the list like so:

• Niccole

Hi Mike,

Agreed the actual GL code does not show but my understanding is if we have it in the GL - that there is a corresponding Category line.

So in the example above - you have highlighted "AR - Pharmacy NC". If I did need that as part of my GL but did not want it in the Category options when someone went into to do a New Expense - is that possible?

Thanks so much for helping walking through this with me.

Niccole

• Niccole

@Michael Haxhiu -

Yes, that helps greatly. I did check with my Finance Team and they tried it but it only works for the current session. Is there an additional step that we need to take to ensure it saves and retains for going forward purposes?

Thanks again,

Niccole

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team

Hey @Niccole !

Hmm, that toggle that Michael showed you should not reset by itself - only if a human clicks on it again. Can you please reach out to Concierge to report this? Let us know at least a few categories should be disabled so we can jump into the policy and do some testing.