Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!

FAQ's for Justice Volunteers

Cheryl Walsh
Cheryl Walsh Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 93 Expensify Team
edited September 30 in Expensify.org Justice Campaigns

How can I get help?

Always reach out to [email protected] if you need help with your Expensify account, expenses, or reports. You can email us from the same email as your account, or you can tap the blue speech bubble in the app and chat to Concierge right away!

For any questions about the campaign itself, or eligible expenses or reimbursements, it is best to reach out directly to your campaign manager.

What can I expense? Is there a list somewhere?

Each campaign has an approved list of eligible qualified expenses that can be submitted by volunteers. Please ask your campaign manager or go to this page for the details. Your campaign manager is your expense approver!

What do I do if I think an eligible expense is missing from the list?

If you believe that you have an eligible expense that is missing from this list, please reach out to your campaign manager to get this updated first before you submit it to Expensify.org for reimbursement.

What must I include on an expense?

• The expense must be no more than 30 days old.
  • The expense must include an itemized receipt image (card payment receipts on their own won't be accepted).
  • Check your campaign's eligible expenses page for any additional proof you may need to submit (especially if you are expensing a 'task').
  • If you're submitting a mileage expense, please ensure you have used GPS to track (Expensify app or other) and include the full trip details.
  • Add a category for all your expenses (check your campaign's eligible expenses page).
  • A description with the details of what the purchase was for is required. 

This support article has more details about what needs to be included in an expense.

This training video shows you how to submit expenses.

Why was I reimbursed 50% of an out-of-pocket expense?

Expensify.org will only reimburse you 50% for something you purchased for a campaign. All expenses must be on the 'eligible expenses' list for your campaign so please check this before you submit to avoid disappointment.

Can I speak to someone confidentially about a campaign/campaign manager?

Sure! Just email the team at [email protected] and we'll be in touch.

** All troubleshooting and/or product-related inquiries must be sent to [email protected] Don't forget to mention you're a justice volunteer!

Who do I talk to about my reimbursement?

Your campaign manager is the person to speak to regarding your approvals and reimbursement.

I have an idea for a justice campaign, what do I do?

Our Justice Grant Challenge is now closed. Please keep an eye on www.expensify.org for upcoming grants and challenges.

I'm not a volunteer but I'm interested. How do I get involved?

You can find the full list of justice campaigns on our website www.expensify.org. You can go to the eligible expenses list for the campaign and find the joining link for each campaign to request to join and help out.

I'm no longer a volunteer, how do I remove myself from the policy?

Your campaign manager can remove you from the Group Policy.

I'm a volunteer, how do I get started?

Visit here to get started!

Check out our training video here.