Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!
Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is accepting new members for a $50 reimbursement
Throughout most of 2020, Expensify.org ran a campaign that reimbursed SNAP beneficiaries $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt. The demand for this reimbursement far exceeded our expectations and we were quickly overwhelmed by the number of people in need.
We wanted to help people, but the number of households requesting to join the campaign was beyond our limitation as a new non-profit organization. We promised to reimburse everyone who was accepted to the campaign and after many months we were able to help 4600 families.
Today, we're excited to announce we're reopening the campaign with a few more safeguards in place to ensure we don’t get overwhelmed again.
- Any household that receives SNAP benefits can request to join the new campaign here.
- Any SNAP recipient that did not get reimbursed during our 2020 campaign can get $50 of groceries reimbursed.
- Any SNAP recipient that hasn't yet gotten the COVID-19 vaccine, can get $50 for doing so.
We're accepting new requests and the first 3000 eligible families who join will be guaranteed a reimbursement.
How do I know if I’m eligible?
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- An individual or household who receives SNAP/EBT benefits.
- Has a US bank account.
If these apply to you, join today!
How does it work?
The full step-by-step process for submitting your report and receiving reimbursement can be found here. But you can find a high-level overview below:
- Review the eligibility criteria to make sure you qualify.
- Request to join the Expensify.org/Hunger - VAX campaign here.
- After you receive a text or email notification you’ve been accepted to the policy, log into your Expensify account and add your personal deposit-only bank account.
- Submit a report for reimbursement as described here.
- Note: Receipts and vaccine cards must have a date of May 26, 2021, or after to be eligible.
- We’ll review your report and if approved, reimburse it!
This offer is limited to one reimbursement per household for each item. Stay healthy, stay safe, and treat those in your community with kindness and respect.