Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!
Step-by-step guide to submitting your Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX report for reimbursement
SNAP & VAX
We're excited to announce the SNAP & VAX campaign ,where:
- Any household that receives SNAP benefits can request to join the new campaign here.
- Any SNAP recipient that did not get reimbursed during our 2020 campaign can get $50 of groceries reimbursed.
- Any SNAP recipient that hasn't yet gotten the COVID-19 vaccine, can get $50 for doing so.
How it works:
Step 1: Join the Policy and download the Expensify mobile app
- Go to the Apple app store or Google Play store and download the Expensify app, and set up an account (it’s free).
- Request to join the policy here.
- When you get an email to say you have been accepted to the policy, move onto the next step.
Step 2: Vaccination
- Save your official Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card.
- Grab your ID.
- Put them both on a flat surface, one above the other so we can see both at once.
- Open the Expensify app and hit the camera icon, and snap the two documents in one picture.
- Tap ‘Add Details’ then ‘Fill Out Details Myself’.
- Fill in Vaccine as the merchant name and $50 as the price tag and Save.
Step 3: Groceries
NB: This is only for SNAP users who were not reimbursed during our 2020 campaign
- Purchase food as normal with your SNAP card and save the receipt.
- Use the app to take a photo and SmartScan the SNAP receipt. This will tell us how much you paid and show that it was paid for with SNAP benefits.
- Note: Receipts must be dated May 1, 2021, or after. We will not accept receipts dated prior to May 1, 2021.
- If your receipt is more than $50, Tap the expense and edit the total to $50 and Save.
Step 4: Bank account
Add your Personal Deposit-Only bank account to receive the funds:
- On your phone, tap Settings > Reimbursement.
- Or, on your computer go to www.expensify.com and click Settings > Account > Payments to add a Deposit-only bank account.
Step 5: Send your expenses to the Expensify.org team
- In the Expensify app, tap Menu > Reports and then tap the blue ‘+’ in the top right.
- Tap Expense Report.
- Tap Edit and select the SNAP policy, done (if you don’t do this step, we won’t see your report!).
- Tap Add Expense to add your SNAP & VAX expenses.
- If you added both, tap into each expense to resolve the ‘potential duplicate’ and “ignore”.
- Also tap into Category and set this to Volunteer Reimbursement.
- Look for any red flags, if there are none, tap the green Submit Report button at the top of the report.
- The report will move from Open to Processing at this stage.
We'll reimburse $50 for proof of vaccination and up to $50 for groceries (per new household) within five business days.
You can find more in-depth instructions and visual examples in the links below. If you get stuck at any point, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with your questions!