Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!

FAQs for Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign

Sheena Trepanier
Sheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,346 Expensify Team

If I didn't get reimbursed during the 2020 Hunger campaign, am I eligible for this one?

Yes! If you didn't receive a reimbursement in our 2020 Hunger campaign you can request to join this one. Please note we are accepting the first 3000 eligible join requests so join right away if you'd like to be included.

Can I get $50 for Vax AND $50 for SNAP?

Yes! If you didn't receive a reimbursement in our 2020 Hunger campaign you can do both this time around! If you did receive a reimbursement last time, then this time you can get $50 for your proof of vaccine.

I submitted my report and it’s closed, why?

If submitted correctly your report will go into the Processing state. Once the Expensify.org team has reviewed it and approved it, it will move into the Approved and then Reimbursed states.

If your report is Closed at any point, it has not been submitted correctly. Please follow the step-by-step instructions found here to correct this and resubmit the report.

Why is my request to join the policy not accepted yet?

Expensify.org is accepting policy join requests every day, typically in the mornings. If you're not accepted yet, please wait 24 hours and check again.

You will receive an email or text notification letting you know when you've been accepted. Once you are, please create and submit your report. There is no need to do this until you're a member of the policy.

What if I don't have a US bank account?

Sadly, Expensify.org can only reimburse funds to US bank accounts that accept ACH deposits.

How long does it take to get reimbursed?

We're reviewing reports Monday-Friday and typically you'll be reimbursed within 5 business days of submitting the report. If your report is in the Processing state for more than 5 business days, please reach out to [email protected]

What does the status of my report mean?

• An Open report is one that has not been submitted and is waiting for expenses, for violations to be fixed, or to be submitted.
  • A Processing report has been submitted on a policy and is waiting for review and approval.
  • An Approved report has been reviewed and was okay'd by our team.
  • A Reimbursed report means we've triggered the funds to be deposited into your bank account. Funds should arrive one business day after the reimbursement has been triggered.
  • A Closed report has not been submitted correctly and needs your attention. We will not see a Closed report on our end and you will need to follow the steps here to correct it.

Is there a date cutoff for my receipt?

Yes! SNAP receipts submitted to the policy must be dated May 26, 2021, or after. Any receipt dated prior to May 26, 2021, will be rejected.

Can I get reimbursed for the vaccine if I already got it?

This offer is only available to those who get the first dose of their vaccine after May 26, 2021. You are eligible for the $50 reimbursement once you are fully vaccinated.

What are you doing with my bank account number and ID?

You can connect your bank account via Plaid or by entering your account number and routing number - we humans can't see these details at all! The routines that run in the background to move money are the only things that can see your bank account details and they are encrypted.

We just need your ID with the Vaccination card to make sure we don't have people trying to submit multiple times. Once we've eyeballed it for a few seconds, it won't be used again.

Help! Why are you trying to charge me money?

If you got a notification that you need to add a credit card or you added a card and now have a receipt for payment, let us know asap via in-app messaging or emailing [email protected] - you have accidentally created a paid policy and we can help you delete it and refund you if needed! You do not need to have any kind of paid features to get the Vax + SNAP payments.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.