Suddenly unable to SYNC with Quickbooks Desktop (2017)

Options
KenH
KenH Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

This morning... I am unable to SYNC with QB Desktop. Getting different error messages - including "Oops... you've selected an export option that is not available given your current QB configuration". Sounds like I need to change something on the QB side. Any know?

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @KenH - Can you share any of the other errors you're receiving? Are you still receiving them today?

If you are, please let me know and we can take this to email so we can help get this resolved.

• KenH
    Options

Yes... the problem(s) still persist. I have had chat responses with "Concierge" but no resolution yet. I have three screen captures that are all of error messages received anytime I attempt to interact (SYNC, DOWNLOAD, or CONFIGURE) with Quickbooks Desktop.

• KenH
    Options

Error message 1 - when I try to SYNC: "Could not retrieve data from Quickbooks"
    Error message 2 - when I try to UPLOAD a report "Data end point could not be reached"
    Error message 3 - when I try to (re)CONFIGURE Expensify: Oops, you've selected an export option that is not available given your current Quickbooks configuration.

• Brigid  Bello
    Brigid Bello Expensify Team Posts: 77 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey Ken

I'm sorry to hear that you're still running into trouble with this!

It looks like the resolution for one of the error messages you're getting (" Oops, you've selected an export option that is not available given your current Quickbooks configuration.") is outlined in this discussion.

The error indicates that one of the export options that you've chosen in your connection's configuration settings is missing a corresponding account in Quickbooks. In order to resolve this, you either need to pick a different export option, or create the necessary account in Quickbooks and then sync your policy so that you can select it in your configuration settings.

As for the other errors that you're getting, I went over some common resolutions to those here. Would you be able to give those troubleshooting steps a try and let me know how that goes?

• KenH
    Options

The problem has been fixed. It was not anything to do with Quickbooks configuration.. but rather that the QB Sync Manager was not up-to-date. It is supposed to update automatically, but for reasons known was not updating. THis problem was identified by someone within Expensify support. Seems like such an obvious solution in retrospect.