Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!

Select Policy at Expense Creation

Jasba
Jasba Approved! Accountant Posts: 3

Hi, our policies have different custom categories and tags. It would help for our users to be able to select which policy they wish to create a new expense for. It is a bit clumsy to first need to create a Report and adjust the policy in the report and to then create an expense within the report to get the appropriate custom categories and tags.

Thank you.

1 votes

Understanding the Issue · Last Updated

Comments

• Sonia Liapounova
    Sonia Liapounova Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 156 Expensify Team

Hi @Jasba thanks for the idea!

Could you give a little bit of insight into your setup? Why do you have users submitting expenses to multiple policies?

I've seen users submitting to multiple policies when a company has a policy for reimbursable expenses and another for company card expenses. Is that how your policies are set up?

• Jasba
    Jasba Approved! Accountant Posts: 3

Hi,

In this cast the client has 3 different chart of accounts. An expense needs to be charged to a Property and the property makes use of one of the three chart of accounts. The client also needs approvers based on Property. So I used the Category to hold the list of accounts and the Tag to hold the properties that have that list of account. As a single-layer tag, I could then use the approver by Tag feature.

There wasn't a way in a single policy to use multi-level tags (Property name would then link to specific accounts as a second dependent drop-down) and still have tag approvers. We could use the Category Approvers but this would require the user to select the property twice, once at the category, and once at the top layer Tag.

• Sonia Liapounova
    Sonia Liapounova Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 156 Expensify Team

@Jasba Thanks for the example. You're right that at the moment we don't have the option to set tag approvers when using multi-level tags. I don't think I have a good solution for the property-based approvers unless you run the reports through all approvers that may need to see a report - depending on the number of approvers this might work or it might be a little crazy if you have as many unique approvers as tags.

Sounds like the feature you need here is the ability to set tag approvers when you have multi-level tags. I'm going to look into why this wasn't implemented when we added tag approver functionality and see if it's something that we could add.

• Sonia Liapounova

I found that we have an internal tracking issue for multi-level approvers so it is a feature we're considering but it is not on our roadmap at this time so we don't have an ETA for when it will become available.