Income Category needed for Simple Reimbursements on the Road

Options
cking
cking Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I would like to very simply put in an income amount if someone reimburses me on the road against a receipt that I am submitting. The expense report could simply have a category called Income that nets with the expenses on the expense report. Right now I can create a category called income myself, but on the expense report it adds the amount to the other expenses...if it simply subtracted the income, my report would reflect the proper balance and I could put notes in to explain the income. Seems like a fairly simple feature to add...any chance?

Answers

• Cheryl Walsh
    Cheryl Walsh Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 104 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @cking thanks for reaching out to us about this! I see what you're asking, but why would receiving a reimbursement for a receipt be considered income? What you could do is create a negative expense for an income 'receipt', then that would leave a balance of $0 on the report, however, there is an easier and more efficient way to manage expenses. Group Policies are shared policies, allowing people to submit reports to approvers and be reimbursed. Reports will show as "Approved', "Reimbursed", "Pending" etc. Once a report is reimbursed, it will say so clearly on the report, you do not need to add an amount to balance it. If you need further clarification and would like to discuss this further, please reach out to concierge@expensify.com now and we can walk you through it!