Copilot for Multiple Users - Different Approval Processes

gkeefe
gkeefe Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Hello,

We have an executive assistant who is copilot to multiple users (User A and User B). I would like to set up a the workflow so that, 1) if she is acting as copilot for User A, then User A has to approve her submission before it flows through User A's approval workflow, and 2) if she is acting as a copilot for User B, then User B has to approve her submission before it flows through User B's approval workflow. But I would like to avoid User B from having to approve the submissions that she submits for User A. In other words, I would like to have a different workflow based on whether she is acting as a copilot and submitting expenses for User A versus when she's acting as a copilot and submitting expenses for User B.

Is this possible?

Or is there a setting for the User to automatically have to approve his/her copilot's submissions before they go through that User's approval workflow?

Or is there a setting to establish different approval workflows based on Tags for the expenses?

Thanks,

Grant

Answers

• Conor Pendergrast
    Conor Pendergrast Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 175 Expensify Team

Hey Grant, thanks for the question here! To start, there is no way to force a Copilot's work to be approved before it gets sent for review, or to go through a different approval workflow based on a Copilot submitting. Adding a Copilot comes with the assumption that they should be able to take any action that you can take, and we deliberately don't add more steps in there. The best approach would be for the Copilot to not submit reports, and the executives themselves submit the reports when they're comfortable to do so.

You can indeed set up tag-based approval workflows, yes! You can find out more about that in this help page