Option to stop emailing vendors

Options
CMcPherson
CMcPherson Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Is there an option to not email the Vendor automatically when I submit an invoice/bill to my @expensify.cash email address?

I would like to submit these myself, and it's unclear if these automated emails are based on the submitter email address or an email address from the invoice itself. I DO NOT want to send any communications to Vendors based on details on the invoice. It doesn't look like this is configurable in the system, so could someone please confirm that no communication is sent using contact details in the submitted Bill/Invoice?

Thanks.

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @CMcPherson we create an Expensify account for your vendors so that you can pay them - this means we invite them to Expensify and they can add their bank account to receive payment as well as track the payment method. They get an email confirming the invoice and reminding them to add a bank account to receive payment. If there are any issues with paying the invoice e.g. they don't add a bank account, and we need to send a check but they have no postal address we may also message them directly to ascertain the mailing address.

• unitof
    unitof Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

I would also like the ability to turn this off. I like the @expensify.cash email for invoice auto-scanning & expense tracking, but I then export them to Xero and take care of the payment from there, typically via check. The auto-emails are just annoying and confusing my vendors.