Uber Import competing with Credit Card import

Options
augiecrazy8
augiecrazy8 Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Hello. I have automated imports setup for both Uber Business and our Corp credit card. The problem is Uber creates separate charges on my credit card for the base fare and then additional charges like city fees, tip, etc. So every time I ride with Uber there are multiple expenses created. Then I have to delete, merge, manage all of these different expenses to get to the correct final expense. That amount of manual work defeats the purpose of using an automated expense system. What is the best route for remedying this? Can I import only completed purchases from my credit card so these small fee holds aren't imported automatically?

Comments

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Sadly we cannot control how Uber charges customers and if they do it in separate transactions that post to the bank account that is what will be imported into Expensify. Most user don't have a large amount of Uber receipts importing, but for those that do they must manually merge expenses and attach receipts, or they will need to attach a copy of the receipt to each portion of the Uber expense imported.

I'm sorry there isn't more we can do to resolve this but the expenses sent to us by the bank, and how Uber charges them, is beyond our ability to change.

Our bank connections only import Posted Transactions, so any temporary transaction that eventually falls off your bank statement should never be imported. In the event your bank is posting the temporary holds, I'm sorry we can't fix that for you.