Dependent tags and syncing QB

Monique1
Monique1 Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I realize that if we use dependent tagging, which we have to, we can no longer sync QB. So how would I go about importing this information into QB?

Answers

• Cortney Ofstad
    Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team

Hi @Monique1!

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the trouble here! I want to clarify that when connected to an integration like QB within Expensify, categories and tags have to be directly imported into Expensify from the integration. This is a requirement in order to use the connection successfully.

How it works is that the categories (specific account types imported from the Chart of Accounts in QB) and tags (either imported from Customers/Project or Class lists in QB) are imported into Expensify and then used to associate the expenses to those entries when exported back to QB.

Currently, dependent tags are not supported across any of our accounting integrations, and only work as independent tags.

More information on coding options for QB Online can be found here, and for QB Desktop can be found here.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!