How do I sync to Netsuite journals with customer names?

Options
SCRobinG
SCRobinG Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Currently journal entries are the primary export format for Expensify card charges, but they do not capture customer/project tags on the expense lines-- instead, the employee card holder's email is captured in the name field on the line.

I've been told that there is no other way to re-configure this in Expensify- has anyone come up with a workaround in NS to allow sync of the customer name to the expense line?

Answers

• Cheryl Walsh
    Cheryl Walsh Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 104 Expensify Team
    Options

@SCRobinG please reach out to concierge@expensify.com please and we can take a closer look. You should be able to tag customer/ projects to these expenses if they have been pulled in from your accounting integration.

• SCRobinG
    SCRobinG Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Hi Cheryl, I already reviewed this with concierge and I was told there is no way to override the employee email address in the name field on the sync- even if a customer/project is tagged in Expensify.

I'm hoping someone might have another solution, or Expensify might consider rebuilding this configuration to only tag the employee email on the liability or bank account line, allowing the customer name to sync to the expense line. OR allow full auto-reconciliation of the Expensify card without requiring journal entry exports.

• Cheryl Walsh
    Cheryl Walsh Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 104 Expensify Team
    Options

@SCRobinG ah I see, that is correct. The employee email address will remain in the name field. Thank you for reaching out to the community about this. We will continue to develop our products to accommodate our customers, I appreciate your feedback.