New, Separate Reports for Every Day of New Expenses

Options
Brett_McPherson
Brett_McPherson Approved! Accountant Posts: 4

Hello,

Every time I have a new expense from my business card (AMEX) that's connected to Expensify import into Expensify, that expense creates a new report for each day expenses come in.

I don't want an expense to create a new report. However, I'm having to manually place these expenses in that report while constantly deleting these newly-generated reports every other day. (If there's a way to have expenses automatically placed into a single report, that's fine, too.)

I want these expenses to import and not create a new report. Then I can place these expenses in whatever report I need/want. How do I make this happen? Or am I looking at this issue incorrectly?

Thanks,

Brett

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Christina Dobryzynski
    Christina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 267 Expensify Team
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi @Brett_McPherson! Thank you so much for reaching out!

I suspect you see this because the group policy you are part of has Scheduled Submit set to a frequency of 'Daily'. This means that your new expenses are automatically added to a report and that report is automatically submitted daily.

I also see that you have Scheduled Submit enabled on your personal policy. Even though these settings should be overridden by the Report settings on the group policy, I wonder if the combination of both is causing the funky behaviour you see.

I recommend disabling the Scheduled Submit in your personal policy (if Scheduled Submit will remain enabled on the group policy). You can do this by signing into your Expensify account on the web at www.expensify.com, go to Settings > Policies > Individual > [Policy Name] > Reports.

Then, perhaps, consider adjusting the Schedule Submit frequency on the group policy to 'Weekly' (reports are submitted every Sunday night) or 'Manually'.

Manually automatically adds expenses to a report (generally a recommendation for all users), but you'd be able to submit the expense reports when you want. Let me know if you have any questions!

• Brett_McPherson
    Brett_McPherson Approved! Accountant Posts: 4
    Options

@Christina Dobryzynski,

We changed all reports to manual submission only and we've already seen improvement - not just in the report creation aspect, but it's also caused our team to be more vigilant in proofing and submitting their reports.

Thank you for your help in making Expensify work even better for what we needed!

Brett