How To: Troubleshoot general errors when uploading your ID via Onfido
When adding a verified bank account to Expensify, you will need to upload your ID to our system. Sometimes, you might run into an error when going through that process.
If you get a generic error message that indicates, "Something's gone wrong", please go through the following steps:
- Make sure you're using either Safari (on iPhone) or Chrome (on Android) as your web browser
- Check your browser's permissions to make sure that the camera and microphone settings are set to "Allow"
- Clear your web cache for Safari (on iPhone) or Chrome (on Android)
- If you're using a corporate wifi network, make sure your corporate firewall isn't blocking the website
- Make sure that no other app is overlapping your screen (for example: make sure the Facebook Messenger bubble is not on your screen while you're recording the video)
- On iPhone, if you're using iOS v15 or later, disable the Hide IP address feature in Safari
- If you have another phone available, try to follow these steps on that device
If you're still having trouble after that, please reach out to Concierge so that we can continue to troubleshoot with you.