Adding New Expense Dates

Options
ROLANDTech1
ROLANDTech1 Expensify Customer Posts: 1
edited January 2023 in Day to Day

Is there a way to create a policy to have the dates auto remember the last known date used when entering expenses manually?

I would find this helpful in 2 ways, one entering mileage entries for the same date, and the 2nd, manual expense entries also where there are multiple entries for the same date.

I also would find this useful if I get behind on some reports and have to go back in the past to finish up reports that are a month or 2 in the past, I have to click back through the multiple past months for each entry which becomes cumbersome.

I feel like it would be a tad better workflow if it remembered the last known used date within a current report.

thx 😀

Answers

• Sonia Liapounova
    Sonia Liapounova Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 210 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @ROLANDTech1!

Thanks for the insight into your use case!

Unfortunately, we don't have a method for remembering expense dates. The only feature that does something similar is Report Fields which are "sticky". This means that if you create a report and enter something into a report field, ex. a date, then the next report you create will have this data pre-entered into the report field. However, this is at the report level, not the expense level so it doesn't quite address your request.

Regarding scrolling through reports, are you doing this on web or mobile? If on web, are you looking up the reports from the Reports page or clicking into a report and then using the arrows? I think that probably the most efficient method is to use the filters on the Reports page to decrease the number of reports you're looking at. Though if you're clicking into a report and using the arrows, maybe you're looking through reports to see if there are any outstanding expenses that need editing? If that's the case, maybe it would be more efficient to work from the Expenses page where you can filter for expenses and sort them (by clicking on the column header) by expenses that are missing fields.