We are currently experiencing higher than normal support inquiries and response times. The Community is here to support you as well so please help each other out when you can. Please visit our status page to subscribe to updates.

why can't expensify default to my name as the "tag" when I'm signed in and entering expenses?

paul_D1paul_D1 Expensify NewcomerPosts: 1Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

I have to toggle down every time, is it the end of the world, no. However this is supposed to be about convenience and this is an added step

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach Posts: 1,992Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hello @paul_D1, happy to help with this. If you have created a tag that is your name, you can set an Expense Rule to automatically apply that tag to every expense created in your account.

To do this, navigate to your **Account Settings* (user icon at the top left) > Expense Rules section. From there, create a new rule and enter a period into the textbox "Merchant Name Contains" and select your tag.

When you use a period in the merchant textbox it tells our system that the rule applies to all expenses created.