We are currently experiencing higher than normal support inquiries and response times. The Community is here to support you as well so please help each other out when you can. Please visit our status page to subscribe to updates.

How to have 2 users using one account

InnaInna Posts: 1Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Hello, I would like to share an account with my daughter and be able to access her spendings as she enters them in the app. How would this work? Basically, she is a supplementary card holder on my visa account and bank account. I would like for her submit the receipts and for both of us to be able to get reporting and updates on our apps.

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,000Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hello @inna, welcome and I'm so happy to help with this.

Let's assume that you're going to be the one to set up the account and invite your daughter. It will make this easier to explain as well

As a first step, you'd want to create an account with your email address and validate it. Once validated you can add your daughter's email as a secondary login to the account, and you will both be able to login with your own email addresses. You will use a single shared password however.

Once you both have access to the account, you'll want to select Track from the Inbox page of your account when prompted. (Below)

Selecting Track ensures you remain on the free version of Expensify.

In the Account Settings > Categories and Tags section, you'll be able to add any categories you'd like your daughter to code her expenses with. Some simple examples would be "Groceries" or "Rent", but you can use them however fits you best.

Another feature that you could consider when setting up the account for you and your daughter would be Scheduled Submit (adds expenses to a report and submits it based on your frequency preference).

We have a great Help Center that has articles on all our features and nearly each task you'd want to take in Expensify. I'd encourage you and your daughter to take a look through it and our community as questions come up.

Cheers!