Adding users so they can be added as attendees

chris_thackraychris_thackray Posts: 2Expensify Customer

Hi,

We have many contractors in our organisation who we do not want to use Expensify, however I would like to include them as users because that way they can be included as attendees by employee-users (and their email addresses will show up as autocomplete options). Its important that the email addresses entered are correct as I download expense reports into Excel and use look-ups associated with the email address to categorise the attendees in various ways.

Best I can come up with is to invite the contractors but to alter the invitation email to tell them not to use the system. But there appears to be info in the email from expensify that I can not alter.

Is there another way of achieving what I want?

Best Answer

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 960 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Hi @chris_thackray

I see you 'rejected' this answer, but I'm afraid it is accurate. Ted and I are both part of the Expensify Success Team.

Another option could be to have a free-text report field, but that would have to be at header level, not at line-item. Or a tag at the line-item level, but that would only allow you to add one 'extra' attendee.

I'm afraid what you want to accomplish here is just not really what Expensify is geared towards i.e. pre-populating non-users or having purposely inactive users.

Please do let us know if we can help you brainstorm any further!

Answers

• Ted PeetersTed Peeters Posts: 321Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach Expensify Success Coach

Thanks for reaching out in the Community Chris! There's currently no way to associate an email address with a person in Expensify, without them also having an Expensify account. You cannot add any validation to that field yourself I'm afraid @chris_thackray!

The best I can think of here is to simply ask that your employees always use the email address when adding these contractors as external attendees.

Otherwise, if you need them to always show up in the list of attendees to choose from, they'll need to be a Policy Member of any policy where one of your employees is required to choose them from that list.