What is the best practice for marking an expense as "entered" into the accounting system?

jkboatcpajkboatcpa Posts: 2Expensify Customer

We currently do not have Expensify integrated with Quickbooks. Our accounting staff adds a comment saying "Entered" but this generates an email to the user unnecessarily. We are looking for a better method.

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,914Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @jkboatcpa, this is a great question! If customers are not using a direct connection to an accounting package, they are typically exporting the report to a spreadsheet template. Are you exporting reports from Expensify to a spreadsheet at all?

When you export a finalized report to a spreadsheet, a small CSV or exported icon is placed to the right of the report when viewing it on the Expenses page. (below)

This is one of the ways customers typically keep track. If you use an export you build in your Settings > Policies > Group [Policy Name] > Export Formats page, you'll see the CSV icon, if you use one of the built-in exports you'll see a green arrow icon.

Would this work for your team? Also, can you tell me more about why you're not using the QuickBooks connection?

• jkboatcpajkboatcpa Posts: 2Expensify Customer

Thanks, Sheena. That is helpful information. I have never noticed the icons before. Ours are currently showing green arrow icon so that means our team has exported using the built-in exports.

We are only in our second month at using Expensify. Our plan is to use the Quickbooks connection at some point but thought we would do it in phases since we are a small organization.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,914Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

You're very welcome @jkboatcpa, I'm glad it was helpful information for your team. Do you currently use QuickBooks Online or Desktop?