How does reconciliation work with auto imported credit cards & scanned entries? (I'm a newbie)

Options
acara
acara Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

I'm a newbie and haven't found an explanation. Wanted to check before I'm fully set up.

1) If I'm both a) making entries as I purchase items with the card and scan the receipt, and b) importing credit card data automatically from a bank (which is making entries I assume), does it give me the opportunity to reconcile and merge the two entries?

2) Can I chose to let the manually entered one override the bank download info (E.g. if the bank one tries to suggest a category, etc)?

3) Will this all work ok if I have proxies (or whatever you call them...other people) submitting entries/receipts to me for this same account?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Nicole Trepanier
    Nicole Trepanier Expensify Team Posts: 498 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @acara! The way SmartScan works when you have a credit card importing is while we do create an expense when you scan your receipt, we will also automatically merge it with the credit card expense once it imports.

If you've selected categories and tags on the scanned expense, those will override the credit card expense. Manually input data will always override default suggestions.

This applies to all Expensify accounts so your employees expenses will work the same.

Answers