Search Terminated Users/Employees Reports

lyanglyang Posts: 1Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

I've terminated an employee from the corporate expensify account and now their reports are no longer viewable/searchable. Is there a way for me to search/lookup old reports from terminated employees? If I re-invite the terminated employee (their corp email is no longer active anyway) would the history of their expense reports be available again?

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,914Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hello @lyang, happy to help with this. You should still be able to search for the terminated employee's reports using the email they submitted their reports under. In this case, it sounds like it would be their corporate email.

I hope this helps!

• AndAnd Posts: 5Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

I had the same issue. Our users are all setup with domain control and when the user was terminated they were removed from the policy and removed from domain control. When I search for the reports by their company email address there are no results. I finally found the reports manually and the email address referenced everywhere is their personal email. Somehow once I removed them all references to their account changed to a personal address.

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 582Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

@And When a user has a secondary login as a personal email, removing them from domain control doesn't delete their account. The account remains as a personal account with only the native individual policy. When a secondary email becomes primary all references to the email on their existing reports only display the new primary email.

• AndAnd Posts: 5Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

That makes historical lookups very difficult. It should have that record set in stone when submitted and not update to a personal address to preserve what happened.