How do I map items in Quickbooks Desktop to Expensify?

KmcavoyKmcavoy Posts: 1Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer
edited August 2018 in Integrations and API

I need to have the expense reports match up to my list of items I sell to customers in QBs so I can properly bill customers.

Best Answer

• BrigidBrigid Posts: 19 Expensify Success Coach
    edited December 2018 Accepted Answer

Hey there!

Items can be imported from QuickBooks Desktop as categories alongside your expense accounts. This is something that you can enable in your connection's configuration settings. To access your policy's configuration settings, navigate to Settings > Group > Policies > [Policy Name] > Connections > QuickBooks Desktop and click Configure.

You can read more about configuring your connection here.

Answers

• ReneeAReneeA Posts: 1Expensify Customer

How do I enter an expense report for multiple of the same item I sell as non-reimbursable, billable, and have it transfer to QBD to invoice my client based on quantity of items I sell? Currently, each expense is transferring to QBD as qty 1. If I sell 5, then do I need to enter 5 expenses? Also, how can I get the Description field in the expense to transfer to the QBD invoice to client? Currently, the description on the invoice is the item description in QBD, not the description in Expensify.

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 601Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @ReneeA! In this case you would need to enter each item individually or update the quantity in QuickBooks after it's exported. As a product, we aren't geared towards inventory items so we don't have a way to enter a quantity field. We do export the description field to QBD but if it's not transferring to the invoice when you bill your clients, you would need to reach out to Intuit to see if there is a way to do this.