Duplicate Expenses Being Created when importing Credit Card Data

Options
duncangt
duncangt Expensify Customer Posts: 3

Hi

I am experiencing duplicate expenses being created form the CC import

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @duncangt, thanks for reaching out! Just a heads up we don't support troubleshooting credit card import issues in the Community, just because it typically requires screenshots or account specific information we'd never ask you to share publicly.

However, I am happy to give you some tips when it comes to duplicates and if they don't resolve anything please reach out to us at concierge@expensify.com so we can take a closer look together.

Typical reasons you have cc duplicates:

• The most common reason would be that the card is connected more than once to your account. You can confirm by heading to Settings > Your Account > Credit Card Import in your account.
    • Another reason may be failed merges between credit card expenses and uploaded receipt images. When a card expense imports and the matching receipt image is uploaded, the receipt should be SmartScanned and merged with the imported cc expense. If this fails to happen, you will see one copy of the expense with a credit card symbol and another copy with a cash symbol. If you see this, then you have duplicates do to failed merging.

Resolving these two common cases is easy enough, and I'm happy to share that information as well.

1. If you have your credit card connected twice in in your account, you can use the red trash can icon to remove one of the two cards. When you do this, all the unsubmitted expenses that imported from that card connection will also be removed.
    2. If you have merge failures, the best place to start is our guide here. If the guide doesn't illuminate the cause of the failed merge, let us know by emailing us some examples and we can dig right in.

Cheers!

• duncangt
    Options
  • Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi again @duncangt, thanks for getting back to me. I see you have the same card connected to your account more than once.

If you head to Settings > Your Account > Credit Card Import, you'll see the card is connected twice.

If you have any account specific questions about the duplicate cards connected to your account, please email us at concierge@expensify.com so we can share account screenshots with you.

• duncangt
    Options

How do I deactivate one? I can’t see this