Reports - can they be generated in different currencies?

JyotiPatel
JyotiPatel Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Hello,
We have an employee who travels internationally & has expenses in USD & CAD. We bill the end Client in CAD and therefore need a report in CAD. But reimburse our employee in USD and therefore need a report that translates reimbursable expenses to USD.

Below is an example of our requirements, can Expensify manage this scenario?

Employee travels & has 10 expenses. 10 expenses are billable to the client. 5 out of those 10 expenses are reimbursable to the employee.

I believe we are able to input the 10 expenses and mark them as billable or reimbursable.

Can we produce a report in CAD for the Client and also a report in USD for the employee?

Answers

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team

Hi @JyotiPatel! Thanks for posting in the Expensify Community!

Can I enquire as to how you are currently billing your clients and which software or means you're using to do this? Are you exporting to something like QuickBooks Online, or are you using the native rebilling in Expensify?

When Rebilling in Expensify, the report itself can only be in the Policy Default currency defined from Settings > Policies > [Company Policy Name] > 
    Expenses > Expense Basics, however - this doesn't preclude you from having two policies with separate output currencies.

I'd advise simply having the employee run through the expensing cycle as normal - this will convert all expenses to USD and you'll be able to reimburse them in USD.

Then, when you need to Rebill expenses to your client, simply "Copy" the report and change the policy to your CAD policy from the Policy selector in the top right hand corner.

From there, you'll then be able to choose the specific expenses to leave off the report and click "Rebill" to create an Invoice. (Remember to enable Invoicing from Settings > Policies > [Company Policy Name] > Invoices.

There are a few caveats to what exactly can be copied, which you can check out here, but other than that, I'd expect this is your best workaround!

• JyotiPatel
    JyotiPatel Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Based on Client restrictions, we print a PDF of the Expensify Report and submit the PDF to the client.

A great suggestion and workaround. We will try that and let you know how it goes. Thank you!

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @JyotiPatel, thanks for circling back. I've passed your very kind words onto Ted and please keep us updated if you run into other questions!