More that one Expensify instance - possible?

Options
Alastair_M
Alastair_M Expensify Customer Posts: 3

Hi,

My employer uses Expensify for all our team and of course my business expenses are tracked through that.

In addition I want to use Expensify in my own right, entirely separately and on my own time, to track expenses relating to other (non-employer) activity.

Of course I can create a private account on Expensify using my personal email, which I have done, however - how does it work with the mobile app? Can you have two different IDs / logins in the app?

Thanks

Answers

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @Alastair_M - solid question here! There are two ways to go about this:

1. You can make use of two completely separate accounts. You'll sign into your app with the account you use the most often and you'll allow the other account full copilot access to it. This means you can easily hot-swap in and out of accounts.
    2. You can simply add your personal email as a Secondary Login to your company account from Settings > Account > Account Details > Secondary Logins and use separate policies rather than separate accounts to track non-employer related activity.

The benefit of #2 is that your employer is paying for your ability to SmartScan as many receipts as possible, being an active user on their Group policy each month. If you were to begin your own separate account, you'd need to add a Monthly Subscription to SmartScan more than five non-employer related receipts per month.