User inventory

Guido_Frantzen
Guido_Frantzen Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Does anybody know how to do a user inventory in Expensify. I as told that I just take that long and unwieldy list from the invoice. But that doesn't show the department or policy and makes it really tedious.

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @Guido_Frantzen, thanks for posting! Are you looking to export a list of users on a per policy basis?

If so, you can head to Settings > Policies > Group [Policy Name] > People > Policy Members and export the full list of policy members. The department would only be exported with the user name/email if it was added to the employee's custom field. (Click the cog to the far right of a policy member and you can set information for the user in two different custom fields.)

If that isn't quite what you need, let me know a bit more about what you're trying to achieve and I can help figure out if there is a better option.

• Guido_Frantzen
    Guido_Frantzen Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Thanks for this. Unfortunately, we don't maintain the custom field. Is it possible to provide this to Expensify in a csv file for a one-time mass upload?

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @Guido_Frantzen, sure thing! What you'll want to do is head to Settings > Policies > Group [Policy Name] > People > Policy Members, and export the people list to a CSV.

Then, you add your information to the customer field for each employee in the exported file. Once the file is ready, you head back to the same section of the policy and upload the file. This process allows you to update your people list in bulk, you can even use it to invite new members in bulk if needed.

👋